Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Shandle, Public Crusader?

While it obviously serves as a useful tool for lifting the toilet seat up and putting it back down, The Shandle also serves the public good. Letting anyone personalize the toilets they commonly share in public might just enhance the clean factor.

Think work, gym or church.


Do you ever wonder how many people use the toilet at the Starbucks every day? Some folks apparently go into Starbucks only to use the toilet.

I personally find that Starbuck's bathrooms are pretty nasty and I'd rather use a lower volume toilet at the neighborhood gas station. Maybe all the caffeine makes it hard for people to aim, or clean up after themselves. Perhaps if there was a bright colorful handle on the seat courtesy would increase.

I can't promise there will be less pee on the seat, or more trash in the bin, but The Shandle provides an anonymous reminder that OTHER PEOPLE USE THIS BATHROOM TOO! The nasty, filthy bathroom bandits that are so quick to disrespect the public toilet may just shape up before the ship out.

2 comments:

  1. I was once at a bar who's bathroom door was broken. I unwisely ate too many fried appetizers and my stomach was grumbling and rumbling. Like a shining beacon of light, there was a Starbucks across the street. After purchasing a scone to feel better about me about descrating their bathroom, I went into the Starbucks bathroom and released like I've never released before. There was no shandle on this toilet, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this on 14th Street? LOL

    I feel the love!

    ReplyDelete